Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Good Riddance, You Awful Desert

Well...I'm leaving Vegas tomorrow. Off to California to play at the Commerce and then to San Diego to see some old friends. A week without poker is all too welcome.

Vegas was a bust. It always seems to turn out that way. The cash games eventually turned around for me, but not enough to pull me out of the hole. I still stand by the decision not to play a single tournament. Only one or two of my roommates had much of anything to show for tourneys here, and they're all heavy hitters.

George Steinbrenner died this morning. I never paid much attention to him, and can't sit through a baseball game; but I happened to catch several clips of his bio throughout the day. Apparently, he just decided one day to buy the Yankees and put together a team of venture capitalists to purchase the team for $8.8M, or something to that effect. I guess that's how it happens if you want something in life.

Now if I could just figure out what I want. I've made some guesses, and have started to shape a few ideas in my mind. Articles of this plan include putting in lots of poker hours, online and live, while creating a home environment where I can totally escape. I've entertained notions of moving to Florida, the so-called site of the next 'poker boom', but to do so would smother myself. I need writing. I need music. I need old friends who have never played poker in their lives. I need a break.

1 comment:

  1. Love your blog! Would you like to make money from your blog by being a rakeback agent with www.shipitback.com?

    You could make up to 50% commission –US$12 000 per month. There are no hidden fees or capital required. Shipitback.com is also the only rakeback site that offers cash milestone bonus of up to $75k.

    Please contact rickard@shipitback.com for more information.

    ReplyDelete